Why do I need a Carbon Monoxide Alarm?

A carbon monoxide alarm is essential to prevent accidental exposure to the deadly gas as it cannot be seen, smelt or tasted.

Almost all domestic fuel burning appliances are capable of producing CO, especially if they are badly maintained.  This means that every household is at risk of CO poisoning at some point.  Carbon Monoxide Alarms are inexpensive and easy to install.

Even if there is a very small amount of Carbon Monoxide Gas escaping into your home you could be at risk of illness including the possibility of long term damage to the brain.

Common symptoms for Carbon Monoxide poisoning are similar to symptoms of an ordinary cold or to a dose of flu (without fever) and include:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Sleeplessness
  • Confusion

If you and especially other members of your family are suffering from these symptoms, you cannot be sure that you are not suffering from the effects of Carbon Monoxide poisoning unless you have installed a CO Alarm in your house.

Unborn babies, small children, pregnant women and senior citizens - especially with respiratory problems - may experience the symptoms sooner than others.  But everyone in a house is at risk.



Bookmark and Share